Medical Malpractice Law Firm
Medical Malpractice cases are, very complex, expensive to pursue, have a high risk of no recovery and often involve an “emotional” element due to the client’s personal involvement. These types of cases are also vigorously defended by the insurance companies since, under the terms of most policies, the medical provider involved must approve of any settlement. Doctors are frequently hesitant to agree to any settlements due to the potential negative affect such a settlement would have on their reputation and their practice.
In order to file a Medical Malpractice lawsuit in Riverwoods Illinois, you are required to produce a sworn statement by a qualified medical expert (after reviewing the pertinent medical records) which states that the medical provider committed malpractice. This statement must conclude that “with reasonable medical certainty, the action or inaction of the defendant was the cause of damage to the plaintiff.”
Do I Have a Medical Malpractice Case?
In order to determine if your potential Medical Malpractice case is worth going after, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you been informed by another doctor or health care provider that the treatment received was inappropriate or that the outcome was unusual?
- Have you suffered a severe or permanent injury while under the care of a doctor, hospital or other health care provider? If so, was the injury more severe or devastating than you expected from the original diagnosis or trauma?
- Have you undergone an optional surgical procedure without signing an informed consent form?
- Has your insurance company questioned the appropriateness of specific procedures, tests or diagnoses?
- Has your doctor or health care provider seemed hesitant to inform you of the status of your medical condition?
- Do you have strong doubts about the competency of a doctor or the appropriateness of the care you received?
- Do you have concerns that a medical device or implant may have seriously affected your health?
Talking With a Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured by Medical Negligence, please contact us at (847) 650-0652 to speak with one of our medical malpractice attorneys, or contact us by email at [email protected] or fill out our contact form on our contact us page at your convenience.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of a medical provider (doctor, hospital, nurse, etc) you need to contact The Law Offices of John M. Borcia and speak to one of our Riverwoods medical malpractice attorneys. We have the experience and resources to successfully prosecute all types of Medical Malpractice claims.
Our office offers free consultations. Evening and week-end appointments available. Home and hospital visits available upon request. Ne fees unless you win.